Maggiepaws

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A NOTE FROM SARAH'S FATHER:

We have really sad news to share. Last night our beautiful new grandbaby, Noah Robert Wilkerson, passed away. He was only four days old.

Although the final medical reports are not complete, it appears that he suffered from a rare genetic disorder called MCAD. None of us had ever heard of MCAD before. It occurs about once in every 15,000 births. If you are interested, more information can be found at http://www.fodsupport.org/mcad_fam.htm. What is clear is that he never really had a chance.

As you can imagine, Chris and Sarah are devastated. Their birth experience was textbook perfect and Noah was a beautiful little boy. I’ve attached my current favorite picture. One of the many sad aspects of this story is that we haven’t even had time to look at the pictures that were taken. Everything happened all too fast.

It is unclear when a service will occur. The coroner’s office won’t release Noah’s body until tomorrow afternoon (standard procedure for all infant deaths), and the holiday weekend probably means the everything will be pushed back until next week. Let me know if you would like more information.

In the meantime, Chris and Sarah are surrounded by the love of their families and ask for a bit of privacy as they work through their grief and the issues required to move forward. If you have an urgent issue, you may reach them at rlester@trgarts.com or (719) 351-0002

Rick Lester

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We are praying for everyone and are so saddened by the news. Thank you for the update.

Bill and Janet Wilkerson

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Shari Hausbeck said...

My heart goes out to you Sarah and Chris. God Bless little Noah. You are all in my prayers.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry to hear this news. let me know if you need anything...even though i'm far away.

-lizard

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart if filled with grief for you...I cannot put into words how sorry I am at the loss of your beautiful baby...If there is anything you need...please do not hesitate. You are in our prayers, as well is little Noah, who is shining down on you all...
Love,
Liz

11:40 AM  
Blogger jilli said...

all of my love, thoughts and prayers go out to you, Sarah and Chris. may the Lord show you His way and bring you peace as you search for the understanding of the loss of your most precious gift. noah was so very beautiful.

Jill Chapman Laflen
Drury Tri Delta sister

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Candace McCollett said...

I will never forget you, Noah Robert. You entered this world with grace and much love. I feel blessed by the short amount of time I got to spend with you.

Candace - your doula

3:43 PM  
Anonymous The Wilsons said...

We are so sorry for your loss.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just found out about this and I am sending many prayers out to your entire family.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home